Via ferrata in Málaga, Andalucía
((Archidona, Villanueva del Trabuco, Villanueva del Rosario, Cuevas de San Marcos)
Via ferrata (Málaga) is an horizontal or vertical itinerary fitted with diverse equipment: nails, staples, dams, handrails, chains, suspension bridges and zip lines, which allow to reach safely difficult-access areas for hikers or people who are not used to practice climbing.
Brief explanation of the different areas in a via ferrata, types of geographical features or artificial methods of progression:
- Walking paths or equipped canals.
- Vertical walls.
- Collapsed walls.
- Lateral passages.
- Bridges (Tibetan, Nepali, etc.).
- Recesses and conduits.
- Relieves (mini-collapsed)
Where can I practice this activity?
OcioAventura Cerro Gordo has some routes for you:
– – Via ferrata in Sierra de Gracia, Archidona (Málaga), located half an hour far from Málaga and one hour far from Granada..
From this via ferrata in Málaga, you will be able to enjoy different panoramic views: the old town of Archidona, El Peñón de los Enamorados (mountain near Antequera) and La Vega Antequerana (meadow of Antequera). This via ferrata concludes at La Ermita de la Virgen de Gracia, a hermitage built between the 9th and 10th centuries and with Arabic origins, afterwards Christianized and located on top of Cerro de Gracia (hill), considered a point of cultural interest; the archaeological remains of the old Arab village next to this hill can also be seen from it.
– Via ferrata in Cuevas de San Marcos (Málaga), located one hour far from Málaga, Granada and Córdoba.
– Via ferrata in Villanueva del Trabuco and Villanueva del Rosario (Málaga), located half an hour far from Málaga and forty minutes far from Granada.
– Via ferrata in El Torcal de Antequera (Málaga), located half an hour far from Málaga and five minutes far from Antequera.
Who is this activity aimed at?
This sport is perfect for groups between 4 and 10 people over 14 years old. Depending on the age and physical condition of each person, a different kind of via ferrata will be suggested. You will be accompanied at all time by a specialized instructor who will help you in the course of the activity. We will also provide you all the necessary equipment (helmet, complete harness, energy dissipater and civil liability insurance).
Activity length and level of difficulty
– Via ferrata in Sierra de Gracia, Archidona: 3 hours. Medium-high level. It includes Tibetan bridge.
– Via ferrata in Villanueva del Rosario: 2.5 hours. Induction level (via ferrata “La Bola”).
– Via ferrata in Cuevas de San Marcos: 2.5 hours. Medium level (via ferrata “La Pita”).
– Via ferrata in El Torcal de Antequera: 4 hours. Medium level.
– Via ferrata in Villanueva del Trabuco: 3 hours. High level.
Groups from 1 to 3 people: €50 per person.
Groups from 4 to 5 people: €40 per person.
Groups with more than 5 people: €35 per person.
- VÍA FERRATA + RAFTING:€ 65 per person
- VÍA FERRATA + PAINTBALL:€45 per person.
- VÍA FERRATA + CANYONING ON RÍO GENILLA (CÓRDOBA): €65 per person.
- VÍA FERRATA + ARCHERY
- VÍA FERRATA + LUNCH
- VÍA FERRATA + RURAL ACCOMMODATION
If you wish to give a special and different gift, ask for a gift voucher.
Via ferrata in Sierra de Gracia, Archidona.
Via ferrata in Archidona.
Via ferrata in Villanueva del Rosario, Málaga
Tibetan bridge (via ferrata in Archidona).
Via ferrata in Málaga.
El Peñón de los Enamorados (Antequera) view from the via ferrata.
Views from the via ferrata in Archidona.
Virgen de Gracia hermitage in Archidona.