Canorafting/kayaking/canoeing in Andalucía (Río Genil or lakes)
Rafting in pairs routes – descents in kayak on rivers
Near Málaga, Granada, Córdoba, Jaén and Sevilla.
>White water kayaking or canorafting consists of descending Río Genil, on its roughest, medium or calmest stretch. The activity is carried out inside a two-people inflatable kayak accompanied by a specialized guide, who will be with you also in another individual boat. As is rafting, this adventure sport will make you and your friends feel full of adrenaline, excitement and amusement. Along the route, there are some rapids (turbulences) and waves; this is why the coordination with your team mate is essential to navigate the obstacles of the river.
Canorafting or kayaking on lakes consists of riding around a lake on board a canoraft in pairs; you both will have to row in unison to arrive to the wanted direction and keep your balance. A few games are carried out during this activity.
Before you start the activity, the kayaking specialized instructor will teach you some basic notions to get a safe descent in kayak.
Stretches depending on the level of difficulty for rafting on Río Genil:
- High difficulty: WHITE WATER STRETCH. From Benamejí (Vado del río) to Benamejí (Puente romano).
- Medium-low difficulty: CALM WATER STRETCH. In Cuevas Bajas (Málaga)
- Low difficulty for children: ON LAKE
Period to practice canorafting or kayaking on Río Genil:
Canorafting on Río Genil (Andalucía) can be practiced from March to October; it is practiced between this period because it depends on the water level, which is regulated by the reservoir in Iznájar.
Who can pratice kayaking or canoraft on Río Genil or on the lake?:
This activity can be practiced by groups with a minimum of four participants. If your group is smaller, consult us to check if there is any other group available for you to join. Feel free to ask!
Also, YOU DO NOT NEED ANY PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE!
- WHITE WATER STRETCH from Benamejí (high difficulty): over 18 years old. A LOT OF EXPERIENCE IS NEEDED.
- CALM WATER STRETCH from Cuevas Bajas (medium-low difficulty): over 14 years old.
- On lake: over 5 years old accompanied by an adult (swimming knowledge required)
Canorafting or kayaking on Río Genil (Andalucía) is destined to groups of friends, hen and stag parties, business incentives, couples, etc.
Length of the route
The estimation of the lenght of the canorafting, rafting in pairs, kayaking or canoeing route on Río Genil is half day. The complete activity lasts four hours approximately; two of them are destined to a medium-level descent and one hour and fifty minutes to a low-level one.
The length of the canorafting, kayaking or canoeing route on lake is approximately three hours; you will be inside the water one hour and fifty minutes of them.
What do you need to practice kayaking?
To practice kayaking on Río Genil or on the lake, each participant will need to bring:
- a swimsuit and a towel;
- sun protection;
- waterproof trainers or slippers with rigid soles;
- spare clothes and shoes to use after the activity.
€50 per person: groups from 1 to 3 people.
€39 per person: groups from 4 to 10 people.
€35 per person: groups from +10 people.
€20 per person.
ASK FOR PRICES IN CASE OF LARGE GROUPS OR IF YOU NEED INFORMATION ABOUT PACKS WITH OTHER ACTIVITIES TOO.
What does the price include?
- Authorised technical equipment.
- Instructor (professional river guide).
- Travels during the activity.
- Toilets and showers (available inside our activities centre).
- First-aid kit.
- Civil liability insurance.
- Group photo at the end of the activity.
What does the price not include?
- Personal materials specified in the previous section “What do you need to practice kayaking?”.
- Travel to Cuevas Bajas (where the activity will be initiated).
- Photographies and professional video taken during the descent (ask for prices).
PACKS (including other activities):
- KAYAKING/CANORAFTING + RAFTING.
- KAYAKING/CANORAFTING + PAINTBALL.
- KAYAKING/CANORAFTING + MULTI ADVENTURES (CLIMBING, RAPPEL, ZIP LINE, ARCHERY, ETC.).
- KAYAKING/CANORAFTING + CANYONING ON RÍO VERDE (GRANADA)
- KAYAKING/CANORAFTING + CANYONING ON RÍO GENILLA (CÓRDOBA)
- KAYAKING/CANORAFTING + VIA FERRATA.
- KAYAKING/CANORAFTING + LUNCH.
- KAYAKING/CANORAFTING + RURAL ACCOMMODATION.